Your Privacy Rights
Last Updated: January 8, 2009
TicketWeb Canada does not share your personal information with these businesses or other members of its corporate family unless you consent to us sharing this information for identified purposes.
Information we collect about you
In General. Information that we collect from you, either online or through our call centres, can generally be categorized as either anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that is not identified with a specific individual, such as the type of browser being used and what web pages have been accessed. Personally identifiable information ("personal information") is information that you provide to us that is uniquely associated with you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, user name and passwords. Unless we specifically tell you we are doing so, we do not associate the anonymous information we collect with your personal information. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in Canada, the United States and other countries around the world. Regardless of where your personal information may be kept, it will be protected by the safeguards described in this Policy.
How we use the information we collect
In general. By utilizing our ticketing services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as follows:
- to deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- display content and advertising tailored to your interests;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes you have participated in; enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our website or through our call centres, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as may be reasonably needed to manage our business in connection with your transaction (for example, to identify you at the box office if you are picking up tickets, to facilitate refunds for cancelled events, for audit purposes, etc.).
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with third-party service providers (such as third party recruitment agencies) retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to open a My TicketWeb account; purchase tickets, products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- When you provide your email address on our website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about promotions or special offers from third parties to whom we send your information (such as event providers). Once we have provided your information to an event provider or another third party with your consent, you will have to change your preferences regarding such communications directly with that third party.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or anonymous information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except with your consent and in the following situations:and in the following situations:
- Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. We require all of our service providers to comply with the safeguards described in this policy.
- Business partners. With your consent, we may also share your personal information with businesses with which we partner to offer you products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes through our website or our services, such as discounted hotel stays or special dining offers. If you are interested in these offers, the business partners will be identified to you at the time you purchase or decide to participate in an offer or program being offered through them. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information relevant to the offer or program to that merchant. These businesses may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you want to learn about a particular merchant's privacy policies, or you do not want to receive communications from a particular merchant, then you must contact that merchant directly. Your personal information is only provided to those businesses whose offers you elect to participate in and not to other businesses advertising on our website.
- Other Situations. By using our services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In response to legal requirements, including in response to a subpoena, a court order, or a request from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; and to defend against legal claims.
- As reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or our employees, including investigations or preventative actions regarding suspected illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing, to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies, and to protect TicketWeb and other visitors to the website or users of services or products provided by TicketWeb.
How you can access your information
If you have a My TicketWeb account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
If you have an online account with us, you also may choose to close your account at any time by contacting TicketWeb Canada customer service. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our website or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
If you close your My TicketWeb account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our web site or our users, or take other actions permitted by law. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to event providers or to other third parties with your consent, the use and retention of that information will be subject to those third parties' policies. TicketWeb has implemented a retention policy to prevent personal information from being retained for a period that is longer than reasonably necessary to deliver the products and/or services purchased using TicketWeb's services.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only to the extent such access is required for permitted business functions. We require our authorized service providers to protect your personal information in a similar fashion. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. We communicate your personal information to event providers and authorized service providers using secure connections.
Although we take appropriate security measures as required by law, no security is perfect. Users should always take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. For information about how to protect your personal information, please refer to the resources from any of the following websites:
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (http://www.privcom.gc.ca/)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta (http://www.oipc.ab.ca/home/)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia (http://www.oipc.bc.ca/sector_private/public_info/index.htm)
- Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec (http://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/index-en.html)
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Where we store your information
Other information collected using our website
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer a "cookie" (a small, unique identifier text file) or series of cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your email address provided and the name on your My TicketWeb account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. The "Help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. A web beacon is a small file placed on a web page that allows a website to perform various tasks, including count users who have viewed that page or to access cookies. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, or other activities.
Anonymous and aggregated information. . We may combine anonymous information and/or aggregate information we collect with additional anonymous information collected from other sources. We may share anonymous information (including aggregate information) we collect regarding our users with third parties (such as advisors, advertisers and investors) and our affiliated Ticketmaster companies for various business purposes including developing and delivering targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties, conducting general business analysis, and developing website content and services.
How to contact us
1 Blue Jays Way
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J3
416 345-9200 (0)