CAPS-ACEAU CONFERENCE 2016 PROPOSED TO BE HELD IN THE CANADIAN ROCKIES AT THE WORLD RENOWNED BANFF CENTRE FOR CREATIVITY & INNOVATION HAS BEEN POSTPONED
WE WERE EXCITED TO PRESENT OUR 32ND ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE AT ONE OF THE WORLDS LARGEST INCUBATORS FOR LEADERSHIP AND BEST PRACTICES.
CAPS-ACEAU is a grass-roots participatory planning initiative that is facilitated by students, mentors and leaders of our network at all levels of their careers. Since its creation in 1984, CAPS-ACÉAU has aimed to provide the opportunity and the means to:
- Share research and information to cross-polinate.
- Provide a forum for discussion around initiatives in planning and best practices.
- Connect a professional network of multi-disciplinary innovators across the world.
The 2016 edition of the annual conference entitled INVIGORATE intended to focus on delivering a high calibre experience with exciting new engaging formats to give them an edge as they embark on their journey into the new year.
Our goal was to explore topics, themes and emergeing discussions around:
- Sparking transformative & positive change.
- Fostering leadership & innovation.
- Capacity development & adaptive re-use.
- Enhancing the planners professional tool belt.
Through a variety of strategic addresses by renouned keynotes speakers, engaging panel discussions, unique mobile tours, and professional networking opportunities; the conference, would have provided participants with the opportunity to "Plan, Innovate, Play, and Explore."
2016 Keynote speakers included:
- Gil Peñalosa
- Dr. Mitchell E. Kosny
- Mayor Karen Sorensen
The Canadian Rockies is an excellent laboratory to facilitate exchange because of its history, uniqueness, and diversity. CAPS-ACEAU will bring together in the future horizon the best planning and urbanism researchers in Canada at our most unique urban, rural, and regional planning event to date you will not want to miss.
Planning’s multidisciplinary nature will enable us to draw from a wide range of disciplines to facilitate cross-pollination between professional disciplines, including:
- Urban & City planning,
- Rural and Regional planning,
- Urban & Environmental Design,
- Geography & Urban Studies,
- Archictecture, Engineering, & Construction,
- Project Management & Public administration.
VISIT US AT WWW.CAPS-ACEAU.ORG